Monday, October 15, 2012

Camera Shy Mom's

 
Kai and I enjoying a snack at our favorite restaurant on our lake.

Have you read about all the hub-bub created by the Huffington Post blogging mom who admitted that since having her kids she doesn't ever want to be in front of the camera???   She doesn't want it documented that she hasn't lost her baby weight from giving birth to her 4 kids, that she hasn't combed her hair and her shirt is full of baby food and juice.    Of course I can toss my hat into that ring.  I can add that I dread the day when my kids realize that I am old...older than most of their friends mom's.   But here is the great thing about kids, they love unconditional.   They don't really care if you are fat, skinny, tall or short, young or old, they want to be loved and they want to love you.   Bei recently said to me, "Mom, I wish you could be naked all the time".   Ewwwwww!!!!! Gag!!!!!!!    Totally shocked and dismayed, I said "Why would you say THAT???"   He came over and hugged me and said "Because you're beautiful mom".    Bei see's the beauty within me, not the wrinkles, tired eyes or the muffin top belly.   In a way it has been selfishness/vanity that has kept me from being in front of the camera because I have made it about how I feel about myself.    This article made me realize that as my boys grow older and look back on their lives they deserve to see their history with their mom in it.   I hope you start jumping into those pictures with your kids too!!!

2 comments: